Welcome to the
- Read our full Business Plan and Appendices, or our Summary
- Help us to work towards the restoration of this amazing building
- Rare Orchestrion: help us with the appeal to restore this endangered instrument
- Read the Options Appraisal document submitted to the Scottish Ministers
- Read the report by Savills on the future of Kinloch Castle
- Read the report by Stewart Sandison of SNH on the future of the Castle
- KCFA are now actively working with SNH towards taking over the management of Kinloch Castle through a Community Interest Company or something similar which is most appropriate. The plan is that through a phased process, we re-establish the basic hostel accommodation, the bar and bistro and work towards restoring the other better letting rooms, and the ‘museum’ rooms. This is an opportunity to make a difference not just to the castle but to the Rum Community.
- Anyone with useful skills, please contact the Honorary Secretary. We are looking for people to help with publicity, crowdfunding, fundraising, etc etc.
- Work parties will in future be working towards the restoration of the castle. Join us in the exciting phase in the life of the castle.
How to Donate
If anyone wishes to donate towards the reopening for accommodation and the restoration of Kinloch Castle, or specifically for the Orchestrion Fund then donations can be made (note if for the Orchestrion Fund)
- through MyDonate
- through Paypal
- by BACS transfer to the KCFA account: Sort Code 05-09-44 and Account Number 35777395
- or by cheque made payable to ‘Kinloch Castle Friends Association’ and post to KCFA Treasurer, Jackie Roberts, Kinloch Castle Friends Association, 13 Corrie Drive, Kearsley, BOLTON BL4 8RG, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The website is constantly being updated as more information becomes available. We want it to be a major resource for learning about Kinloch Castle and the Bullough family. If you have further information, please contact the site administrator at email@example.com